FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Trascent Issues New Global Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) Market Activity Report
Comprehensive report focuses on the state of the current global IFM outsourcing market
SUMMIT, N.J., Dec. 8, 2015 /PRNewswire/ – Trascent Management Consulting, a leading global management consulting firm driving performance improvements in corporate real estate and facilities management (CRE / FM), issued its “Integrated Facilities Management Market Activity” report today, authored by Monte Marcum, senior director, with contributions from managing principal, Rakesh Kishan.
The 2015 Market Activity report follows the previous 2010 study and analyzes key parameters of global corporate IFM outsourcing activity. Data was collected through primary research by surveying major suppliers of IFM services. The findings provide an in-depth look into the rapidly growing global IFM outsourcing industry. Underlying drivers of growth, contract pricing and sourcing strategies were examined. In order to profile the maturity of IFM outsourcing, the study also looked at outsourcing across successive IFM contract generations.
Highlights of the 2015 IFM Market Activity report include:
- Trascent estimates the global corporate IFM business is a $75 to $100 billion market of annual spend under management
- IFM outsourcing grew at a 17% CAGR over the last five years with annual spend awarded to suppliers increasing from $2.1B in 2009 to $4.5B in 2014. Continued centralization of the CRE / FM functions combined with maturing sourcing strategies drove the growth
- Direct Costs, under a “pass-through” model dominated contract pricing structures in 2014 with 75% of award value using such pricing structures (50% of deal activity)
- Contract Renewals increased from 30% in 2009 to 50% in 2014, indicating growth, viability and acceptance of the IFM outsourcing strategies
- Value of IFM contracts in second generation (or higher) far exceeded values of contracts in the first generation, signifying a broad maturing of the IFM sector
“Trascent is pleased to present the 2015 IFM Market Activity report to illumine the growing and increasingly important $100 billion corporate IFM market,” said Monte Marcum, author and senior director, Trascent. “To respond to a high level of client interest in this sector we plan to further refine our insights into geographic markets and the evolution of contracting models as the industry continues to mature.”
For more information or to obtain a copy of the Trascent IFM Market Activity Report, please contact Yvonne Liu, Marketing Director, email@example.com, +1 (646) 295-4299.
Trascent, a premier global management consulting firm, drives measurable performance improvements and generates quantifiable results in Corporate Real Estate and Facilities Management (CRE / FM). The firm’s clients span biopharmaceuticals, consumer packaged goods, diversified industrials, financial services, high technology, media, oil and gas and other sectors. Main areas of focus include current state assessment, sourcing & outsourcing strategy and implementation, supplier governance, and CRE / FM technology strategy. Trascent Conferences are attended by CRE / FM and business leaders and held in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. trascent.com.