Integrated Facilities Management Market Activity
Trascent’s 2015 Global Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) Market Activity report follows the previous 2010 study and analyzes key parameters of global corporate IFM outsourcing activity. Data was collected through primary research by surveying major suppliers of IFM services. The findings provide an in-depth look into the rapidly growing global IFM outsourcing industry. Underlying drivers of growth, contract pricing and sourcing strategies were examined. In order to profile the maturity of IFM outsourcing, the study also looked at outsourcing across successive IFM contract generations.
Highlights of this IFM Market Activity report include:
- Trascent estimates the global corporate IFM business is a $75 to $100 billion market of annual spend under management
- IFM outsourcing grew at a 17% CAGR over the last five years with annual spend awarded to suppliers increasing from $2.1B in 2009 to $4.5B in 2014. Continued centralization of the CRE / FM functions combined with maturing sourcing strategies drove the growth
- Direct Costs, under a “pass-through” model dominated contract pricing structures in 2014 with 75% of award value using such pricing structures (50% of deal activity)
- Contract Renewals increased from 30% in 2009 to 50% in 2014, indicating growth, viability and acceptance of the IFM outsourcing strategies
- Value of IFM contracts in second generation (or higher) far exceeded values of contracts in the first generation, signifying a broad maturing of the IFM sector
Request this white paper by completing the form below.